Homes for Sale in Edmonton
AUDREY ABUAN - RE/MAX Real Estate REALTOR®
West Meadowlark Park was originally part of the old town of Jasper Place, annexed bythe city in 1964. At the time of Jasper Place’s incorporation in 1950, 170 Street formed the town’s western limit, and West Meadowlark Park was considered to be quite distant from Edmonton. It was not until the 1960s that community began to develop.
Most of the Homes in West Meadlowlark Park Edmonton are mostly single detached houses, but row houses and apartments account for well over half of the total dwelling units. There are various institutional facilities located in West Meadowlark Park including the Misericordia Hospital, two high schools, two elementary schools, an arts school, and a recreation and sports complex.
Nearby West Meadowlark Park is Summerlea, which contains West Edmonton Mall. This neighbourhood takes its name from the western meadowlark, a songbird that is common to south and central Alberta in the summer months.