Homes for Sale in Edmonton
AUDREY ABUAN - RE/MAX Real Estate REALTOR®
Inglewood is located near North Glenora, on land that was previously owned by J. Norris Sr. and R. Logan in 1882. Norris was a Scottish-born Hudson Bay Company employee who became a wagon freighter, a saw mill operator, and a partner in a local merchandising firm, Norris and Carey. The property, which was situated on the trail between St. Albert and Edmonton, was an area favoured by First Nations communities for campsites while they did their business in the city until the 1920s.
Homes in the Inglewood area were constructed in two stages in 1904 and 1920 with the extension of the electric streetcar. Inglewood developed as a single family detached home residential community until the 1950s, but this began to change from the 1950s onward. By 2006, houses in Inglewood made up only 20 percent of units, while the greatest proportion on units were found in condominium structures.
The Westmount Shopping Centre was built in 1955 in the adjacent Woodcroft. Inglewood’s proximity and access to shopping and employment centres fostered apartment development along major traffic routes and commercial corridors.