Houses for Sale in Edmonton


Cell: 780-910-5179

Homes for sale in Forest Heights Edmonton

Forest Heights is located in south east Edmonton, near Ottewell and Bonnie Doon. It is bounded on the south by 98 Avenue, on the east by Wayne Gretzky Drive and 75 Street. Housing real estate development in Forest Heights occurred primarily between 1940 and 1960; development was largely complete by 1980. The dominant house structure type along the quiet interior streets is the single family home, which accounts for approximately 75 percent of Forest Heights residences. The remaining 25 percent is made up of condominium apartments  and row housing.


Homes in Forest Heights Edmonton sit atop the south bank of the valley where the river makes a bend from the north to east. A view of the river valley is possible on the west, north, and east sides of the community. Forest Heights' street network is a combination of grid and modified grid patterns. Three roadways pass through the neighbourhood: 101 Avenue, 106 Avenue, and 79 Street. These serve as access routes to North Edmonton via four valley bridges.


Forest Heights was initially developed in 1911 by Windsor Realty. It is assumed that James H. McKinley, owner of Windsor Realty and an Edmonton alderman from 1909 to 1911, chose the neighbourhood name. The neighbourhood officially became part of Edmonton in 1913 but remained in agricultural use until the 1940s, when housing demand increased significantly after World War II.


Capilano   Forest Heights   Fulton Place   Gold Bar
Terrace Heights                  

Forest Heights, Edmonton Capilano Area Homes

Not logged in
Login with:
Listing information last updated on October 22, 2017
Copyright 2017 by the REALTORS® Association of Edmonton. All Rights Reserved.
Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the REALTORS® Association of Edmonton.