Homes for Sale in Edmonton
AUDREY ABUAN - RE/MAX Real Estate REALTOR®
The residential area now called Bergman remained an undeveloped tract of land northeast of Edmonton until after 1910. The area’s population began to grow, however, when rich coal seams that lay beneath the soil were discovered and coal mining began. In 1913, the area was incorporated as the Village of Beverly - the northeast portion of the former town included the neighbourhood of Bergman.
In the decade leading up to amalgamation, the southern part of Bergman shared in the residential construction boom experienced by the Town of Beverly. Much of south Bergman was developed, but municipal services were not extended to the northern part of the community until a major subdivision re-plot was initiated in 1974.
As a result of re-subdivision and the construction of municipal service lines, significant new home construction took place during the 1980s. Bergman was named in honour of Gustave C. Bergman, who was the first Mayor of the Town of Beverly. Homes in Bergman Edmonton are mainly owner occupied properties.